Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We value the relationships we build with our patients. Any time you have questions about your care – or any other question related to dentistry – we want you to feel secure and confident asking us. No question is ever silly or stupid!
It's important that you understand the treatment we recommend and why we recommend it. We've found that patients who are informed about their care feel empowered – and usually have the best long-term results.
We've addressed some of the most common questions we hear in our office below. If your question isn't here or you'd simply like more information, don't hesitate to call our Chesterfield, MO dental office or email us using the secure online form on the Contact page of this website.
- Why did my dentist recommend a nightguard?
- Are my silver fillings bad for my health?
- Do I really need to have my teeth cleaned every six months?
- What causes periodontal disease?
- I have periodontal disease. Can I regrow bone around my teeth?
- Why does my child need to have a filling on their baby tooth?
- Why do I have dry mouth?
- Why did my dentist recommend sealants for my child when there are no cavities on their teeth?
- Do I really need to have x-rays when I get my teeth cleaned?
- Why is my dentist recommending extraction of my wisdom teeth?