Emergency Dental Care
Tooth pain is miserable.
We can help.
If you are experiencing pain – or any other kind of dental emergency – we want to see you as quickly as possible to relieve your pain and treat your problem.
What Is a Dental Emergency?
We are able to treat all kinds of dental emergencies, and we will do our best to get you in and get you out of pain as soon as possible.
Note: If you are bleeding profusely, have possibly broken a bone, or have lost consciousness, you are having a medical emergency. Please go to your nearest emergency room or call 911. We will deal with your dental emergency once your medical emergency is resolved!
We see all kinds of dental emergencies at our Chesterfield, MO dental office. Some of the most common include:
- Infections and abscesses – Infections can be incredibly painful and should be treated promptly to prevent them from spreading. Signs of an infection include redness, swelling, or pus between the teeth or a pimple-like lesion on the gums.
- Broken teeth – Biting down on something hard or catching a fly ball with your mouth can result in a painful broken tooth. A crown is often a good repair.
- Teeth that have been knocked loose or knocked out – Prompt care can allow us to save the tooth. Bring the tooth with you to your appointment in a container of milk, salt water, or even your own saliva.
- Broken or lost restorations – Damaged crowns or lost fillings put you at risk for decay. Let us know as soon as possible so we can make a repair.
- Pain with no clear origin – Sometimes the cause of pain isn’t immediately apparent. We know what to look for, and diagnostic tools like x-rays will help us identify and treat the source.
Unfortunately, emergencies don’t always occur during regular business hours. Don’t worry, though. We’ve still got you covered. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call our regular office number and leave a message with the answering service. One of us will call you back as quickly as possible. We’ll listen to your concerns and determine a plan of action, which may include seeing you that same day.
If you are in pain or suspect an injury, please call us immediately. Your comfort is one of our top priorities, and we want to hear from you, even if it’s after hours!
While not all emergencies can be prevented, routine care and a good home care regimen can lower your risk. When teeth are strong, healthy, and free from plaque and decay, they are less likely to break or become infected.
If it’s been a while since your last check-up, that’s okay. Just give us a call, and we’ll help you get back on track without any lectures or judgment. We love building relationships with our patients, and we will take the time to work with you and help you develop a great routine.
Are You in Pain? Please Call!
Don’t suffer in silence! If your teeth hurt, call us right away. We’ll get you in as quickly as we can and get you the relief you deserve.